Thursday, November 15, 2007

Rain

When the sun is out there's not much to do other than to sit around and remember that the girls who look good in shorts don't think you look good in shorts.

When it rains, girls who don't look good in shorts look better. But wait- there's more! Rain is interesting to watch. It's interesting to be out in the rain. It makes rivulets and pools and lakes and streams and rivers and oceans, all of which are interesting to watch. And it makes sounds, a glorious variety of sounds human drummers can only envy.

It is very rare to have a year in which there is not enough sun to fuel photosynthesis. It is very common to have a year in which there is not enough rain to fuel photosynthesis.

Go ahead, push your "contrarian" sun-loving viewpoint, but as for me, give me water, or give me death!

1 comment:

Jennifer Briney said...

I love this post. I'm sitting in Los Angeles and it's 85 degrees (again... I swear, this fall has just yo-yo'ed between summer and winter... no gradual fade into winter this year).
As much as I love the sun, I would love to watch the rain right now. There's nothing better than curling up with a good book and listening to the rain. And after all the hot days and fires... I'm ready for that change.

I just hope it comes this year (only got about 3 inches last year).